Want More Job Searching Tips and Resources? Sign Up Now!
It’s that time of year again and the next generation of business owners, entrepreneurs and innovators are entering the workforce.
Times sure have changed! These next generation of individuals are eager to be entrepreneurs and have no interest in the 9 to 5 desk jobs.
Business News Daily put out an article titled Starting a Business After College? Advice for Entrepreneurial Grads with some great tips for those wanting to “be their own boss.”
A few of my favorite tips from the article include:
- Follow Your Passion. We always hear others say, do what you love and the money will come. Older generations may not agree with that, but in today’s world, there are countless examples of people who follow their passion and become a huge success. Whether you are starting your own business or working for someone else, I say, you should always be doing what you love.
- Find Mentors. I truly believe that the best education we can get is from those who are in the business and are successful. Who better to learn from than someone who has gone through the ups and downs, failures and successes when venturing into being an entrepreneur.
- Failure is Part of the Process. Failure isn’t negative, it’s an opportunity to learn and grow. Being afraid to fail holds us back from moving forward. I can’t recall reading about anyone who’s been successful, that hasn’t shared their failures and are grateful for them, because it only empowered them to keep going.
There are many other great tips in the article, so be sure to check it out. Starting a Business After College? Advice for Entrepreneurial Grads
Here are some great ideas for starting your own business:
- How to start a juicing business
- How to make money on Fiverr
- How to start a cleaning business
- How to start a lawn care business
- How to start a life coaching business