I myself am an Entrepreneur, I am a Recruiting Specialist/Headhunter and I work from home. I often have conversations with people about having multiple streams of income and starting our own businesses. It’s not as hard as we think. For me, I have been in the recruiting industry for over 20 years, always working for someone else. As most of us who decide to take the plunge to go out on our own, I had a breaking point that got me to where I am today.
Why start your own business? Well, here are just a few things on why people want to go the Entrepreneur route:
- Financial Independence – Sign your own paychecks
- Flexibility – Work whatever hours you want to work
- More Spare Time – Spend more time with your family, traveling or doing whatever it is you want to be doing.
- Pursue Your Passion – Do what makes you happy.
- Make More Money / Tax Benefits
- Create Something From Scratch
The big questions most have are, how do I start my own business? What kind of business should I start? Well, I say, start by thinking about what you are truly passionate about. What do you want to wake up to doing everyday?
I decided to start a series of ” How to Start Your Own Business“, where I will share business ideas, how to’s, and resources on how you can get started in your own business. Some topics will include:
- Types of Businesses to start including online, blogging and home based businesses
- How to turn hobbies into a business
- Step by Step Guides
- Business supplies, products and accessories
IF, you want to stay updated on this series, you can either
Here are a few resources that can get you started
Join me on the journey to How to Start Your Own Business, and see if it’s time to make the change and take the plunge!