The simple definition of Law of Attraction is that “like attracts like.” Basically, we attract into our life the things we think about. Other meanings of the Law of Attraction include:
- By focusing on positive or negative thoughts, we can bring positive or negative results to us.
- Energy attracts like energy.
- You get what you think about.
- The mind acts like a magnet.
- Our thoughts determine the way we live.
Using the Law of Attraction in your job search
It’s important to stay positive during your job search. Be aware of your thoughts when you are getting ready to go on an interview, attending a job fair or getting ready to search for job openings online. Any negative thoughts you have can contribute to having a really bad interview. Going in with positive thoughts, whether you get the job or not, will make it a better experience and if anything, if you don’t get the job, think of it as that wasn’t the right job for you. One way to stay positive during your job search is to think about all of the things you are thankful for and what you appreciate. You can be thankful for the experience you received from your previous job that can help you land your next position. Positive thoughts will attract positive things.
Really believe that the right job for you is out there and that it will present itself to you. Talk about the job, imagine it, think about it and make sure your thoughts line up with what you want. Write out the details of the perfect job for you and read it every day, act as if the job is already yours.
“Everyone visualizes whether he knows it or not. Visualizing is the great secret of success.” – Genevieve Berhrend
Make a list of affirmations to read to yourself every day. This helps with keeping positive thoughts and believing things are going to work out, which in turn will attract those positive things into your life. Here are a few examples of positive affirmations you can use for your job search:
- I am a great employee. Any employer is lucky to have me.
- I am successful in my interviews.
- The job I am looking for is looking for me.
- I am experienced and qualified for the position.
- I can get any job I want.
“The Law of Attraction states that whatever you focus on, think about, read about, and talk about intensely, you’re going to attract more of into your life.” – Jack Canfield
Although being unemployed can cause stress and anxiety, try and take advantage of the down time. Of course you will be focused on your job search, but also, appreciate the extra time to spend with family or friends, catch up on some books or movies you haven’t had time for. Fear and worry can block you from manifesting your next job.
Put the law of attraction into action for your job search and start seeing those positive changes take place, right before your eyes.
Recommended Law of Attraction Books
Follow my job search training tips on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/job-search-training
Join the 1 on 1 career help LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1-on-1-Career-Help-8136896/about
- Twitter https://twitter.com/RecruiterCori
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/recruitercori/
- LinkedIn Company Page: Sarammi Recruiting and Headhunting Specialists
- Sarammi Facebook Page: http://tinyurl.com/sarammifacebookpage