by Cori Swidorsky
Seekers is a free local group open to everybody who is looking for job. The Seekers group is run out of local churches and provides support, reassurance, job searching tips, and job leads. It’s a great way to network and search for a job.
The website offers great resources such as:
- Job listings
- A place to post your resume
- Local resource links
- Helpful information
The Seekers Job Networking Groups are located in the following areas:
- Ingomar United Methodist Church – 1501 Ingomar Road Pittsburgh, PA 15237 (412) 364-3613
- First United Methodist Church – 15 East Second Street Greensburg, PA 15601
- Mt. Lebanon United Presbyterian Church 255 Washington Rd. Pittsburgh, PA 15216
- Westminster Presbyterian Church – 2040 Washington Rd. Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
Group Meeting Schedule
- Ingomar: held the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the Ingomar Church Community Life Center Conference Room.
- Greensburg: Meets 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, in Fellowship Hall, from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM.
- Mt. Lebanon: Meets: 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 7 pm in the McDonald Room
- Westminster: Meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month, in Fellowship Hall, from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
For additional information about location and schedules, click here
If you are looking for a local job searching support group or an additional resource for your job searching efforts, be sure to check out Seekers Job Search Network
Cori Swidorsky has 11 years of experience in the Recruiting Industry and coaching job seekers through a successful job search. Cori is the owner of Pittsburgh’s Ultimate Career Connection, and A Recruiters Tips on Job Searching. She also writes for Examiner.com